Austin, Texas Lawyers Can Help with Your DWI Arrest
The Texas Department of Transportation maintains a DWI educational website with the theme “Save a Life.” Videos of drivers taking sobriety tests after being stopped for suspected drunk driving, statistics on DWI car accidents and information regarding DWI penalties are all included on the site to demonstrate the seriousness of driving while intoxicated. If you have been charged with a DWI your freedom and your future may be in jeopardy. Do not take chances -- you need the Austin, Texas DWI defense attorneys at Minton, Burton, Bassett, & Collins, P.C.
If you have been charged with a DWI offense, the skill and legal expertise of a DWI attorney may be able to prevent a DWI conviction from ending up on your record. An attorney will review the evidence, such as the Breathalyzer results, the process for the chemical test when determining your Blood Alcohol Content (BAC), to determine whether proper procedures were followed. Based on the results of the findings, you and your attorney may be able to challenge the use of the evidence in question. A good DWI lawyer can work to keep you out of the courtroom, and help you avoid having a conviction added to your permanent record.
The attorneys at Minton, Burton, Bassett, & Collins know the Texas
laws and have a reputation as one of the preeminent law firms in Texas.
When working for you to defend your DWI offense, we are meticulous and
careful in planning your case. Any of the following approaches may be
used in your defense:
- BAC levels. The defense to a raised blood alcohol level is to question the accuracy of the result by evaluating the person, the procedures, and the equipment used in the test.
- Field tests. If you were given a field sobriety test the legal team will review the video of the test to assess and dispute the results. The lawyers may be able to defend the position that the results were inconclusive.
- Traffic Stop. Any driver can be pulled over if an officer determines there is probable cause to suspect driving while under the influence. The MBFC lawyers will challenge the legality of your stop.
- Police Report. Officers are required to file reports when charging an individual with a crime. Each item included in the report will be scrutinized and questioned or challenged as appropriate in defense of your DWI case.
- Evidence. Documents from the case, the scene of the crime, and interviews will all be reviewed to look for additional evidence that can help minimize your charges or get your case dismissed.
The attorneys of Minton, Burton, Bassett, & Collins have deep roots in Texas and we know the Texas laws. With over 45 years of legal experience, we have helped thousands of Texans recover and move on after a DWI arrest.
Contact Us Today
When it comes to DWI time is of the essence. You should contact our attorneys as soon as possible after you have been charged to ensure that you have the best defense. Protect your rights and your record by contacting us today to schedule a confidential consultation. We can be reached in Austin, TX, by phone at (512) 476-4873, by email at email@example.com, or by filling out this online form.