Texas And Austin Statistics
Austin is diverse community and has much to offer residents and tourists alike. The Austin Convention and Visitors Bureau advertise Austin, Texas as: “Be yourself in Austin. And celebrate all that makes you, well, you. Honor your heritage, embrace your uniqueness. Or weirdness. You'll fit right in. Austin is made up of a diverse blend of cultures and lifestyles, and has a reputation for being an open, accepting city.”
The attorneys of Minton, Burton, Bassett, & Collins have deep roots in Austin, Texas and we know the Texas laws. With over 45 years of legal experience, we have helped thousands of Texans recover and move on after an alcohol-related arrest. If you have been arrested in Texas for a DWI or DUI, you need a lawyer on your side that can protect your rights inside Texas courtrooms and during plea negotiations. Call us today at (512) 476-4873 or contact us online for help with your legal case.
Austin is the capital of Texas, the Lone Star State, and is also the fourth most populous city in Texas, with 681,804 people. In terms of population, the city ranks behind only Houston, San Antonio and Dallas.
The state of Texas, the second-largest state in the Union, has the most state highway miles in the country.
Texas Highway statistics
- Centerline miles: 79,535;
- Interstate Highways: 3,233 miles;
- U.S. Highways: 12,102 miles;
- State Highways: 16,199 miles.
Texas Driving Statistics
- The state of Texas has 13,462,023 individuals of legal driving age.
- There are 14,070,096 registered vehicles on the road in Texas.
Based on reportable crashes in 2008
- 1 person was killed every 2 hours, 32 minutes;
- 1 person was injured every 2 minutes, 10 seconds;
- 1 reportable crash occurred every 72 seconds.
2008 Texas Crash Statistics
- 242,698 persons were injured in motor vehicle traffic crashes in 2008.
- There were 61,954 serious injury car crashes in Texas in 2008. These crashes resulted in 84,508 individuals sustaining a serious injury.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2008.
2008 DWI Statistics
- In Austin in 2008, there were 13,147 total automobile crashes with 6,365 injuries and 59 deaths.
- In 2008, 11,773 people were killed nationally in alcohol-impaired-driving crashes. These alcohol-impaired-driving fatalities accounted for 32 percent of the total motor vehicle traffic fatalities in the United States.
- 9,641 serious injuries resulted in Texas car accidents involving an under-the-influence driver.
Contact Us Today
When it comes to DWI and other alcohol-related cases, time is of the essence -- you have 15 days from the date the arresting officer serves you with a notice of suspension to request a hearing to contest the suspension.
Getting charged with DWI is serious and it could jeopardize your freedom, your family and your future. You need the Austin, TX DWI defense attorneys at Minton, Burton, Bassett, & Collins, P.C. Call us today at (512) 476-4873 or contact us via email. We can help you with your public intoxication case in Travis, Williamson, Hays, Bastrop, Caldwell, Burnet and Comal counties.